The life & times of Caroline Tru & Ava Claire Wilcox as observed and enjoyed by their mother, Angela.

Began on June 1, 2009 at age three to chronicle for them - and for those who love them - all of their everyday (and not-so-everyday) activities, milestones and life experiences.

Monday, June 1, 2009

What's in a name?

So you're wondering what's up with the title. It's an excerpt from a book that my friend Alice and her son gave to the girls when they were just babes, Some of My Best Friends are Polka Dot Pigs. It was a gift to Henry when he was young and he gifted it to the girls. It was and still is one of their favorites...they had the endings memorized on every page. The final pages were especially poignant to me and I loved the sweet sentiments as they seemed to fit our experience well.

They read: "Purple or polka dot, whacky or shy...I love my best friends, they are the stars in my sky. A sparkle, a dance, a moon and a star....In a world full of lucky to be loved as we are."

Ava and Caroline are blessed to be loved by many people. My family and friends have been my life support during a very happy, yet challenging time. You have all been there for me and for the girls since the beginning and I felt it an appropriate title for a blog about two of the most loved kids I know and the luckiest mom in the world!

Speaking of names....

These are the literal latin translations for their names:

Ava: Little Bird
Caroline: Song of Joy

So fitting and so perfect for my tiny Ava, who I called "little one" when she was in my tummy since she was having such a hard time growing. And for my sweet Caroline who was named for my favorite song, "Sweet Caroline," which brings me much joy whenever I hear it and whenever I play it for the girls...they LOVE it! Caroline coincidentally loves to sing and loves to be sung to. Often at bedtime she says, "sing me a lullaby Mommy" and when I finish she promptly adds, "last more song Mommy." I picked the names, Dad picked the kid who got them. Good job!

1 comment:

Alpine Medical said...

What a wonderful idea. Ava and Caroline you are so lucky to have such a caring and wonderful mom. Cherish her. I look so forward to this blog, because you both make me smile just thinking about you. You are what the world needs...a true treat.