The life & times of Caroline Tru & Ava Claire Wilcox as observed and enjoyed by their mother, Angela.

Began on June 1, 2009 at age three to chronicle for them - and for those who love them - all of their everyday (and not-so-everyday) activities, milestones and life experiences.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Caroline Quotes

While stopped at a stoplight today, Caroline noticed a man holding a sign and asked what his sign said. I told her he was begging for money, to which she replied, "Why? He can just go to the bank and they will give him some."

I told her banks don't give money to people anymore...we give it to them.

Later...

We went to lunch and I thoroughly embarrassed myself when a woman said hello and called me by name. I couldn't remember who she was to save my life. By the time she left I had half way convinced myself of who she was. I was wrong! When she passed our table on the way out I exposed my full-on momnesia and addressed her by the wrong name. Nice. Caroline asked who Fay was and I told her she worked with her daddy. And she said, "Our daddy with the whiskers?" She and Ava have said this a few times. I think it's pretty funny...for a few reasons.

Then in the car, Ava said she could see the big ice cream cone (can you guess we were driving on 2100 South?). She kept repeating it and I didn't clue in until she was at a fever pitch. I said, "I'm sorry, I see it now...I guess have lost my mind."

Caroline quickly asked, "Mama, where's your mind at?"

Answer: Apparently, out the window the second they were born.

No comments: