The life & times of Caroline Tru & Ava Claire Wilcox as observed and enjoyed by their mother, Angela.

Began on June 1, 2009 at age three to chronicle for them - and for those who love them - all of their everyday (and not-so-everyday) activities, milestones and life experiences.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Good Day

So we started the morning off bright and early. Ava woke up before the sun and was so kind to get the rest of us up. After ten minutes of fun and frolic in their room, the girls came into mine and Ava promptly crawled into my bed exclaiming, "Mommy, the sun is trying to come up through the darkness." I love the way she looks at life and how her little brain tries to make sense of things. Her expressions are priceless and pretty spot on.

The girls had a great day at school, finishing off their second week. They still get glowing remarks from Miss Jodi every day and have yet to get a report card that says they're anything but 'happy' at school. I get daily reports of what they did in school, any 'reminders' they may have needed with being a good student, how they ate, what their general disposition was and what they enjoyed doing that day.

Mommy finally made it to a doctor today for the first time since giving birth. I did something good for myself for a change....got a check-up, flu shot, tetnus shot and some nasal spray for those pesky seasonal allergies. Got an appointment for a mammogram too....gotta love turning 40! Not very fun, but a good gift for myself and my girls.

After school we headed over to the Gatway Mall to watch the elephants parade down the street to celebrate the circus being in town. It was pretty cool to be that close to them. The girls were more impressed with the cannon guy who held his baby as he rode a horse. Funny how that made a bigger impression than the ten or so two-ton pachyderms parading five feet in front of them.



The evening was capped off with baking cookies. I think more dough made it into their mouths than the cookie sheet, but that's the point, right? All was well as we headed to bed...no fits, no fighting, no monkey business.

"No, I didn't eat any dough"

"Ok, maybe I did"

Caroline's clown hat. Barnum & Bailey here I come!


Now it's a good night! Love you, Ladybugs. Thanks for a fun day and for being so good.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

oh my gosh they are adorable...love your posts.

Cortney said...

Keep them coming! I love reading more about the girls. What a fun day. They are too cute.