The life & times of Caroline Tru & Ava Claire Wilcox as observed and enjoyed by their mother, Angela.

Began on June 1, 2009 at age three to chronicle for them - and for those who love them - all of their everyday (and not-so-everyday) activities, milestones and life experiences.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Wow, Wow!

So I took the girls to Gardner Village on Saturday to see the fun Halloween witches and displays and all they can talk about are the ducks in the water. We're walking toward the stream where the ducks are and they are super excited to see the ducks (there are a total of five). I'm holding both their little hands in mine and we are making quick work to get to the ducks....witches be damned, right? They were chattering about feeding them and I said that I didn't think they had food for us to feed them, and we certainly didn't bring any. And to that Caroline said with such sweet sincerity, "You gotta believe, Mom."

I took a moment to let that sink in, wondering if I heard her right and I asked her to repeat what she said. And she said again, "You gotta believe." I thought for a second and asked with true bewilderment and interest where she heard that....half expecting to hear some kind of Santa Claus or religious explanation when she said, "Wubzy says that, Mom. Wubzy says you just got to believe."

True, reflecting back, I do remember that Wubzy did indeed say that. You're right, Honey....you just got to believe!

1 comment:

Keri said...

Keri here-- just have to say how beautiful you three are. thanks for living across the street and for being so much fun!